This Weekend

Rachel and I went skiing at Afton Alps last Friday. She played hooky from school to go but I cleared it with her teacher first. I thought it was nice that just the two of us could get out and spend the day together. She had never skied until a few weeks ago when she went with her class so Friday was her 2nd time. I couldn't believe how well she did. I was reluctant to take her earlier in the year because I selfishly didn't want to spend a day on the bunny hill but my worries were for naught. She has no fear and the bunny hill didn't fit into her plans. I couldn't believe that was my daughter going down those hills at the speed she was going. I'm behind her, praying that she stays in control and doesn't end up and out of control into somebody or something. She never fell once. She went again last night with her friend, Katrina, to Buck Hill. It's pretty expensive when you have to rent equipment and I'm not sure I want to get her a season pass because I don't think it's such a good idea to be dropping her off at the hill for the day with all the guys hitting on her. That's the dad in me coming out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss