Cycling, Prednisone and Cluster Headaches

Where does the time go? It's not like I haven't been at my computer...too much so lately. I'm redoing our website so it renders itself in browsers other than IE. I've got it all done now except for the family photo pages and I hope to have those done over the next couple weeks.

I rode with Silver Cyclists again today and had a good ride with them. We had 30 of us at the start and finished with half that. The winds were southeast at 20 gusting to 30 so there were many people who were blown off the back in the early miles. We attempted to wait for them a few times but we finally realized there was no way to keep a group like that together. Too much variation in abilities to expect that to happen. It was tough to keep a paceline with the quartering crosswind and at times we simply had to form mini echelons and find cover from the wind where we could. Sometimes though with more of a direct headwind, we were able to form a nice pace-line and work together. The final 25 miles home were a blast with speeds steady at 30 to 35 mph for miles. This is a fun group of guys with some very strong riders. They were pushing me to my limits but I could tell that they were all frying out there. I've got over 1800 miles in my legs on the roads this year and I'm glad for that. Jeff was telling me I've got May form in April. I just hope June form isn't too far off because I have a feeling next Saturday's ride is going to be a 'take no prisoners' ride. I finished the day with 64 miles.

I haven't written much lately. I've been in a Cluster headache phase for the past 3 weeks. I've been aggressive with the Prednisone and so far it's been working fine...no headaches. They pulled my medical at work so I've been doing assistant duties. It's been nice to not worry about getting a headache in the sector and wondering how I'm going to get through it. I hope to have the prednisone down to 20mg a day later in the week and that should allow me to get my medical back providing I don't have any headaches. Hopefully, the regional Flight Surgeon won't drag his feet in reinstating my medical.

I've been listening to some great new music lately. Tammy got me several disks for Easter of some Christian bands. A favorite track of mine, Beautiful Love is by a group called, The Afters. These guys are excellent. They started playing in a Starbucks coffee shop where they all worked together. When things got slow they'd start playing for the customers and it grew from there. I'm not sure how the coffee got poured but I have a feeling the customers didn't care.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss