Francis Jennings and the Seisable Johnsons with RaeNelle Ostberg, and a Side Hustle

Tammy is deep into the series Game of Thrones. Season 5 is sitting on the bench in the laundry room waiting to be returned to the library. She's often up in her craft room watching it while working on projects. Every once in awhile I'll hear her yell out, "Oh noooooooo!!" I know enough about the series to know that many of the favorite characters are killed off when you least expect it. I think I'll pass. Cindy (Tammy's sister) was in town this past weekend and they went to see Daddy's Home 2. Tammy said it was "hilarious!" I think that's more my speed.

We went to Tammy's nephew's home for Thanksgiving and enjoyed ourselves a lot. Brady and Kaylee's 2 little ones provided most of the entertainment. It was nice visiting with everyone (John, Stacy, Rick, Karen, and Eric were also there) while watching the Vikings try and lose a fairly large lead. Kaylee used to be the lead cheerleader for the Vikings until recently and can only cheer them on in spirit now. It must've worked because they held on to win. And what a delicious Thanksgiving meal they put together!

Rachel's boyfriend Drew and his bandmates were playing a gig at a bar in Rochester Friday night so we went down earlier in the afternoon to spend some time with them and Drew's mother before the show. Jenny is so nice and we enjoyed our time getting to know her more. We went out for dinner before arriving at the bar an hour before the show. We thought we were plenty early but we had to scramble to find seats. It was a full house!

Francis Jennings and the Seisable Johnsons with RaeNelle Ostberg didn't disappoint! Here's a playlist of most of the songs from the evening. What a fun time! My favorite song of the night is embedded below. Halfway through recording it, I'm thinking to myself, this is really good!

I was watching WCCO, Channel 4 news a couple weeks ago and they featured a segment about people supplementing their income with what they referred to as "side hustles". And it just so happens that I'm one of those people they were talking about. I recently reactivated an Etsy account I'd set up a while back to feature some of my glasswork. I uploaded some photos of what I'm selling a couple nights ago and already this morning I received an email from Etsy informing me that one of my pieces had sold. How cool is that?! I carefully and hurriedly packaged it and got it off in today's mail with a personalized note of thanks to the buyer for their support.

Here's a link to my Etsy account. I only have 3 pieces there now but I hope to add a few more this week of the lesser expensive variety.

The panel that sold was one I'd made last week and put up on my Facebook page. Here's a link to a photo of it.

I first got the idea for jumping in the Etsy waters when I noticed a woman on my Instagram feed gaining quite a following with her stained glass work. It intrigued me because she's relatively new at the art but this "side hustle" for her has her struggling to keep up with the demand for her work. She has a unique following in that her work is mostly of bats, dragons, spiders, skulls and the like. Not really my thing but she's found her niche. Perhaps there's a niche for people looking for small, Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired sun-catchers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

David Crowder Concert, NWA188 and Photo Review

Riding, Retirement and a Home Revisited

A Tragic Loss